To begin, for obvious reasons, whenever I type CAPS, I must type it in all capital letters. That’s just the way it has to be.
Alright, tonight Andrew and I went to see the CAPS play the Tampa Bay Lightning. It was my first game of the season and they didn’t disappoint. The CAPS were up 2-0 in the first period and they never lost their lead. It got close and there were some tense moments but they pulled through.
More importantly, I got this awesome picture of Brooks Laich who happens to be my favorite CAPS player.
A few other notes about the game:
- The guy sitting near us managed to heckle the opposing goalie enough that he actually got a reaction from him. The goalie tipped his stick at him which was pretty hilarious.
- We were six rows back from the glass and near the penalty box for the Lightning.
- The girl sitting about four rows behind the penalty box would taunt and yell at the Lightning player who was serving his penalty for a good 2-3 minutes. I have no idea what she was screaming but it was pretty funny to watch her gesturing.
- I wore my Nicklas BackSTORM jersey (instead of BackSTROM).
- The Verizon Center popcorn continues to be awesome.
- We now have three Washington Capitals fleece blankets. Andrew said 2.5 of them were for me and 1/3 of them was for him.
- During the Mites on Ice segment, the little kid who scored the only goal of the game Tebowed afterwards. When asked why he Tebowed he said, “Because the ref said he would give me money if I did it.”