I’ve been moving. For what seems like forever but in reality has only been about a week.
Things I have learned during this move:
- I have A LOT of junk. Where did it all come from?
- Moving when it’s 100 degrees out is not fun.
- While our new house is awesome, living on the top two floors means schlepping everything up a minimum of two flights of stairs.
- Schlepping stuff up two flights of stairs when it’s 100 degrees out is even less fun.
- Melissa is awesome. (I actually knew that already, but helping me schlep the aforementioned tons of junk up two flights of stairs in 100 degree weather deserves a shout out.)
- In Howard County, one company services both gas and electricity. Not so in Montgomery County.
- Cold showers are hard to take even when it’s 100 degrees out.
- Having a giant car is helpful when hauling a bajillion boxes.
- Having a giant car is hard to park in the garage. It takes me at least three tries to get it so that I can close the garage door and open the trunk at the same time. Also, I have nearly backed into the back wall of the garage at least twice.
- This house is totally rocks!